True story time. I went shopping earlier this week, knowing we had fresh mozzarella in the fridge. I had promised SpecialK a tomato mozzarella salad, so I bought a couple of pints of grape tomatoes and a package of fresh basil.
We had purchased a bottle of Trader Joe’s Balsamic glaze, and SpecialK asked that I used that. I did, and made the salad leaving the basil out.
We finished it off, and while SpecialK was traveling, I made it again, remembering to use the fresh basil. Honestly, I was heavy handed with the balsamic glaze, lesson learned.
I had made this salad earlier this year, before we had the balsamic glaze. Use 4 part oil on the tomatoes to 3 parts balsamic glaze on the mozzarella.
Want to grab fork and join me?
To make this salad:
mozarella balls or sliced mozzarella
extra virgin olive oil
baslamic glaze or balsamic vinegar
1) Wash and dry the tomatoes, add them to a large bowl.
2) Place mozzarella in a small bowl, cutting into bite size pieces if necessary.
3) Add extra virgin olive oil to the tomatoes , and toss. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
4) Add balsamic to the mozzarella, and toss.
5) Rinse and dry off the basil. Roll the leaves together and cut into thin strips. Add to the tomato bowl, carefully mixing with the tomatoes.
6) Add the mozrella to the tomatoes bowl, and toss together carefully, so as to keep the mozzarella bite size.
Add serving spoon and enjoy!